Mini Pub Quiz(August 06, 2006)
Your Free Mini Pub Quiz
Bollocks to Alton Towers: Uncommonly British Days Out - We've all driven past brown signs inviting us to visit unlikely sounding local attractions like Barometer World or a Secret Nuclear Bunker - they're dotted the length and breadth of Britain. But how many of us have taken the time to visit? Well, their intrepid authors set out to discover what we'd been missing. They dropped by and sampled the small, peculiar and unique delights of places that defy rationality, convention and corporate sponsorship - and in a small way define what it is to be British.
Click here to read more about this book
The Questions1. Shakira is back on top of the UK charts again – in which country was she born?
2. From which tree do we get conkers?
3. Who scored for Scotland in the 2-1 defeat by Brazil in the opening game of the 1998 World Cup?
4. Which is the lowest of the male vocal ranges?
5. In which year was Jodie Marsh born?
6. Which charity founded by Eglantyne Jebb in 1919 has the initials STC?
7. Who was the first British monarch to travel by train?
8. In which year was the Angel of the North erected?
9. Who had a 1962 Top Ten hit with ‘Lovesick Blues’?
10. The 1996 historic 100th running of which marathon attracted a record-breaking number of participants in a marathon?
11. Who wrote the comedy book ‘Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog)’?
12. What type of cosmetic product derives its name from the Italian word for “mask”?
13. In the ‘Star Wars’ movies who was the father of Luke Skywalker?
14. What is the largest planet of our solar system?
15. True or false – Stevie Wonder has been blind since birth?
16. The Yorkshire town of Halifax sits on which river?
17. Which baseball team have won the most World Series titles?
18. Which sign of the Zodiac covers 22nd December to 20th January?
19. In which country would you find the city of Bremen?
20. In which decade did Fidel Castro first come to power in Cuba?
Tiebreak - How many participants were there in the record-breaking 1996 Boston Marathon?
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free. The Answers
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free.
The Answers1. Colombia 2. Horse-chestnut 3. John Collins 4. Bass 5. 1978 6. Save The Children 7. Victoria 8. 1998 9. Frank Ifield 10. Boston 11. Jerome K. Jerome 12. Mascara 13. Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) 14. Jupiter 15. True 16. River Calder 17. New York Yankees 18. Capricorn 19. Germany 20. 1950’s
You can download a free formatted answer sheet for this quiz here
This quiz is free but if you like what you've seen then please consider a small donation by clicking the button below, we also donate half of all monies received to Cancer Research UK