Mini Pub Quiz(July 09, 2006)
Your Weekly Free Mini Pub Quiz
Atlas of World History (Hardcover) - The definitive record of humankind's global story. From early man to the 21st century, the rise and fall of empires, the birth of nations, culture and conflict are all explored in revealing detail. Key Era Overviews build up a story of the changing world through the centuries, while historical developments are examined continent-by-continent, region by region, complemented by timelines and a detailed glossary. An unsurpassed visual chronology and an invaluable family reference.
Click here to read more about this book
The Questions1. Season 5 of TV show ’24’ has recently ended with the capture of Jack Bauer by agents from which country?
2. Justine Henin-Hardenne was the runner up in the Ladies Singles at Wimbledon this year – what nationality is she?
3. What is the state capital of Pennsylvania?
4. ‘Hotel du Lac’ is a Booker Prize winning novel by which English author?
5. What term is used to describe a group of toads?
6. In which decade was the first Grand National run?
7. William James Adams Jr is the real name of which member of the Black Eyed Peas?
8. Which German star has received the Gillette Best Young Player award at this year’s FIFA World Cup?
9. In which Canadian city would you find the Lions Gate Bridge?
10. In British English is the term Terrapin used to describe Testudines that live in the sea, in fresh water, or on the land?
11. Which song contains the lyric “Side By Side on My Piano Keyboard, Oh Lord, why Don't we”?
12. Which motor manufacturer has recently released the Caliber 5-door hatchback model in the UK market?
13. Alan Reed most famously voiced which animated TV character from 1960 onwards?
14. What is the first sign of the Zodiac?
15. Which 80’s television star was born Robert Johnson in Birmingham in May 1948?
16. What is the capital city of North Korea?
17. Which chemical element has the symbol Rh and the atomic number 45?
18. Who played the character Jim Malone in the 1987 movie ‘The Untouchables’?
19. According the Old Testament who was the father of Noah?
20. They’re called motorways in the UK and autobahns in Germany, but what word is used to describe high-speed roads in Italy?
Tiebreak - What is the population of Vancouver?
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free. We believe this free bet offer is being pulled after the match tonight so get in quick if you want to take advantage of this offer on the World Cup Final The Answers
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free. We believe this free bet offer is being pulled after the match tonight so get in quick if you want to take advantage of this offer on the World Cup Final
The Answers1. China 2. Belgian 3. Harrisburg 4. Anita Brookner 5. A knot 6. 1830’s 7. will.i.am 8. Lukas Podolski 9. Vancouver 10. In fresh water 11. Ebony and Ivory 12. Dodge 13. Fred Flintstone 14. Aries 15. Bob Carolgees 16. Pyongyang 17. Rhodium 18. Sean Connery 19. Lamech 20. Autostrada
You can download a free formatted answer sheet for this quiz here
This quiz is free but if you like what you've seen then please consider a small donation by clicking the button below, we also donate half of all monies received to Cancer Research UK