Mini Pub Quiz(August 20, 2006)
Your Free Mini Pub Quiz
The Pedant's Revolt: Why Most Things You Think Are Right Are Wrong - Aimed at pedants to know-it-alls, as well as those simply wishing to 'get it right', this book will appeal to the modern passion for factual accuracy. The ultimate book to settle any pub argument, it exposes a wide range of facts that we have always believed to be true, but which are, in fact, completely false. It also covers a broad spectrum of subjects in a highly entertaining, yet informative, style.
Click here to read more about this book
The Questions1. Which modern motor manufacturer was originally known as Laurin & Klement?
2. In which year did the final episode of ‘MASH’ become the most-watched television episode in television history?
3. In which county is the town of Hastings?
4. How much does a colour Television Licence currently cost in the UK?
5. In which cathedral was Thomas Becket murdered in 1170?
6. From which country does the drink Tequila come?
7. What was the name of the lioness in the 1966 movie ‘Born Free’?
8. How many stars are there on the flag of New Zealand?
9. What is the more informal popular name for the Swiss Re Building in London?
10. Who is the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers?
11. In which US state would you find the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park?
12. Which artist painted the ‘Portrait of Dr. Gachet’?
13. The Lancet is a weekly-published journal for which profession?
14. Which band had a 1973 hit with ‘5:15’?
15. Which sport was invented first – basketball or rugby league?
16. What is the first name of Gordon Brown’s wife?
17. On which continent would you find the country of Suriname?
18. Who is the youngest of the Three Tenors?
19. Cornish Rex and Devon Rex are both breeds of what kind of animal?
20. In which country would you find the cruise ship port of Civitavecchia?
Tiebreak - In which year was The Lancet founded?
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free. The Answers
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free.
The Answers1. Škoda 2. 1983 3. East Sussex 4. £131.50 5. Canterbury 6. Mexico 7. Elsa 8. Four 9. The Gherkin 10. Anthony Kiedis 11. Alaska 12. Vincent van Gogh 13. Doctors 14. The Who 15. Basketball (1891) 16. Sarah 17. South America 18. José Carreras 19. Cat 20. Italy
You can download a free formatted answer sheet for this quiz here
This quiz is free but if you like what you've seen then please consider a small donation by clicking the button below, we also donate half of all monies received to Cancer Research UK