Mini Pub Quiz(May 07, 2006)
Your Weekly Free Mini Pub Quiz
The Meaning of Tingo - Did you know that people in Indonesia have a word that means 'to take off your clothes in order to dance'? Or how many words the Albanians have for eyebrows and moustaches? Or the Dutch word for skimming stones is plimpplamppletteren? Drawing on the collective wisdom of over 154 languages, this intriguing book is arranged by theme so you can compare attitudes all over the world to such subjects as food, the human body and the battle of the sexes. As Stephen Fry states, this is a "book no well-stocked bookshelf, cistern-top or handbag should be without."
Click here to read more about this book
The Questions1. The opening scenes of the James Bond movie ‘The Living Daylights’ are set in which Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom?
2. What is signified by a red triangle on an Ordnance Survey map?
3. On which river does the German city of Cologne lie?
4. On which continent was the musician Eddie Grant born?
5. What does the M of the financial abbreviation ERM stand for?
6. In the USA, how many states officially designate themselves Commonwealths rather than States?
7. Which US city has a NFL football team known as the Cowboys?
8. Which band had a 1979 Top Ten hit with ‘Every Day Hurts’?
9. Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva are the principal gods of which religion?
10. Which creature has the largest eyes in the world?
11. In the TV show ‘Byker Grove’ who played the character PJ?
12. Which chemical element is represented by the symbol Li?
13. In which town would you find Britain’s largest theatre?
14. San Jose is the capital city of which Caribbean country?
15. Peter Benjamin Parker is the alter-ego of which comic-book superhero?
16. In which decade was the Post-it note invented?
17. Released in 1985, what was first album to sell one million copies on the then new CD format?
18. In which country did the final of 2002 FIFA World Cup take place?
19. Succeeded to the throne at just nine months old, who was the youngest British monarch?
20. In which year did the first ever air raid in Britain occur?
Tiebreak - What is the population of the US Commonwealth of Kentucky?
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free. The Answers
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free.
The Answers1. Gibraltar 2. Youth Hostel 3. Rhine 4. South America (Guyana) 5. Mechanism 6. Four (Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) 7. Dallas 8. Sad Café 9. Hinduism 10. Giant squid 11. Anthony McPartlin 12. Lithium 13. Blackpool 14. Costa Rica 15. Spiderman 16. 1970’s 17. Brothers in Arms 18. Japan 19. Henry VI 20. 1915
You can download a free formatted answer sheet for this quiz here
This quiz is free but if you like what you've seen then please consider a small donation by clicking the button below, we also donate half of all monies received to Cancer Research UK