Mini Pub Quiz(June 04, 2006)
Your Weekly Free Mini Pub Quiz
Grumpy Old Men, the Official Handbook - Do you know someone who is incensed by compulsory tipping? Who is infuriated if kept on hold for more than a minute? Who is positively apoplectic if someone answers their phone during dinner? If so, you've probably encountered the phenomenon of the grumpy old man. Following their first massively successful BBC1 series, this autumn will see the grumpy old men will return to our screens, and this time they're grumpier than ever. Packed with funny and informative chapters such as 'Who are we', 'What are we grumpy about' and 'How can you spot the signs of grumpiness coming on', this book will leave even the grumpiest of men with a grin on his face.
Click here to read more about this book
The Questions1. What do the initials of the news agency AP stand for?
2. In which Canadian province was the singer Avril Lavigne born?
3. In which city is the opening game of the 2006 World Cup being held?
4. What term is used to describe the breeding ground of the penguin?
5. Which female vocalist had a 1988 hit album titled ‘So Good’?
6. Which American inventor was famously dubbed "The Wizard of Menlo Park" by a newspaper reporter?
7. In which year was John Motson born – 1940, 1945, or 1950?
8. True or False – Soviet leader Joseph Stalin once attended seminary and sang in a choir?
9. Tunde Baiyewu was a member of which soul duo from 1993 to 2003?
10. In which UK county would you find the tallest structure in the European Union?
11. Daniel Levy is the current chairman of which Premier League football club?
12. What is the capital city of El Salvador?
13. What is the somewhat repetitive binomial name of the Western Gorilla?
14. What was the name of the professional wrestler who died during a 1987 bout with Big Daddy?
15. ‘The Cantos’ is a long, incomplete poem written by which American between 1915 and 1962?
16. Which music mogul owns the TV production company Syco?
17. What is the official currency unit of Bulgaria?
18. It was a famous tales of the Montagues and Capulets – but which family was Romeo a member of?
19. Who played the character Carlos Rey in the 1981 movie ‘Escape to Victory’?
20. In which decade was the world-famous fish and chip business first started by Harry Ramsden in a wooden shed in Guiseley?
Tiebreak - In feet, how tall is the Belmont Transmitter?
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free. The Answers
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free.
The Answers1. Associated Press 2. Ontario 3. Munich 4. Rookery 5. Mica Paris 6. Thomas Edison 7. 1945 8. True 9. The Lighthouse Family 10. Lincolnshire (Belmont Transmitter) 11. Tottenham Hotspur 12. San Salvador 13. Gorilla gorilla 14. Mal “King Kong” Kirk 15. Ezra Pound 16. Simon Cowell 17. Lev 18. Montague 19. Osvaldo Ardiles 20. 1920’s
You can download a free formatted answer sheet for this quiz here
This quiz is free but if you like what you've seen then please consider a small donation by clicking the button below, we also donate half of all monies received to Cancer Research UK