Mini Pub Quiz(September 17, 2006)
Your Free Mini Pub Quiz
Great Lies to Tell Small Kids - From the creator of the bestselling BOOK OF BUNNY SUICIDES and RETURN OF THE BUNNY SUICIDES comes more wicked humour - GREAT LIES TO TELL SMALL KIDS. They range from merely bogus to truly cruel -'Every ant you meet must be named' 'It takes the beaks of seven penguins to make a Penguin biscuit' 'All wind is made by wind farms' 'Wine makes mummy clever'! Each hilarious cartoon tells a tall tale to bamboozle kids and entertain wicked adults everywhere.
Click here to read more about this book
The Questions1. Who played the title role in the 2005 movie ‘Coach Carter’?
2. Which cathedral was the world’s tallest building from 1307-1549?
3. Which actress did Warren Beatty marry in 1992?
4. In which decade did the Vatican permit three research centres to carbon-date the Shroud of Turin, all of which concluded it came from the 13-14th Century?
5. Brass is an alloy composed of copper and which other metal?
6. Who is the author of the 2006 bestselling novel ‘The Island’?
7. From which club did Newcastle United sign Les Ferdinand for £6 million in 1995?
8. Who served as Deputy Prime Minister from July 1995 to May 1997?
9. The 1969 novel ‘Slaughterhouse-Five’ was set amongst the destructive aerial bombing of which city?
10. Who had a 1983 Top Ten hit with ‘Breakaway’?
11. The word “ombudsman” derives from which European language?
12. The humpback whale is the official representative animal of which U.S. state?
13. After releasing ‘Dog Soldiers’ in 2002, what was the next movie made by British horror director Neil Marshall?
14. By population, what is the largest city in Scotland?
15. How many penalty points are endorsed on a driving licence upon conviction of using a vehicle with defective brakes (CU10)?
16. In which month is the Notting Hill Carnival held each year in London?
17. Salbutamol is a widely prescribed drug to control which common disease?
18. Who became the first player to score a goal at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light in a 1997 league game against Manchester city?
19. What is the world's longest mountain range?
20. Which best-selling mystery author also writes under the pseudonym Barbara Vine?
Tiebreak - In which month and in which year was Ruth Rendell born?
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free. The Answers
Please consider viewing the services of this week's advertising partner by clicking on the above banner, as these advertisements and donations keep this quiz free.
The Answers1. Samuel L. Jackson 2. Lincoln Cathedral 3. Annette Bening 4. 1980’s 5. Zinc 6. Victoria Hislop 7. QPR 8. Michael Heseltine 9. Dresden 10. Tracey Ullman 11. Swedish 12. Hawaii 13. The Descent 14. Glasgow 15. Three 16. August 17. Asthma 18. Niall Quinn 19. The Andes 20. Ruth Rendell
Please feel free to forward on this Mini Pub Quiz to anyone else you think may enjoy it. Also why not sign our guestbook
You can download a free formatted answer sheet for this quiz here